New Week: Fraction Action

We are starting a brand new week today and I am excited about all of the fraction action activities we will be doing in class. As a starter, what do you already know about fractions?

12 thoughts on “New Week: Fraction Action

1. I know that fractions have a numerator and a denominator. The numerator is the shaded part and the denominator is the total of parts there are in the whole.

2. Fractions are like divison but it is in fraction form. Fractions and divison are both related. Fractions can help us understand divison a lot more better.

3. Well fractions are another way of math.So far I learned how to add fractions and how to subtract them.Also I learned how to divide them into shapes.And that’s what I’ve learned so far about fractions.

4. I know that the shaped part is called the numerea and the bottom part is called the denomier.I never get confuse which is which.

5. I know that a fraction has a numerator and a denominator. I also know that the numerator is on the top of the line,and the denominator is on the bottom. Another thing I know is that the pieces of the shape that has been divided has to be equivalent.

6. There is bunch of things that you can do with fractions. Cross multiply simplifed improper fraction and mixed number. If you know what that is then that’s good if you don’t know you will learn next year. Have a great summer. Mrs gonzales class